awards & recommendations
On Christmas night, just as I was about to turn out the lights on the tree and head upstairs to bed, I went to tuck my computer to sleep. I didn’t realize it but I was about to open the final gift of the day. A comment had come through that Ronnie Hammer at Morristownmemos had nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you so much, Ronnie. Such an honor!
Ronnie herself was nominated. She writes of the everyday from a light-hearted and positive perspective, often with gentle humor. It’s been a pleasure getting to “know” her through her writing.
Complying with the rules of the award (that I’ve lazily copied from Ronnie’s site) – I have a few of my own nominations to make, some thank you’s to write and a few questions to answer. Forthwith – (do people still talk like that?)
Here are the rules for The Versatile Blogger Award:
1. In a post on your, blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
~ ~ ~
Some of those I’m about to nominate have been nominated previously – some likely more than once – I hope they’ll forgive me for calling them out again. They’re too delightful for me not to mention. I’m fairly new in the blogosphere (only since April) and my feet feel just barely wet. I confess to not having a full 15 to nominate. (That’s got to be at least a 15-yard penalty!) Apologies made, let me now sing out (in no particular order) :
Lesley Treloar of Photo Journeys – her photo work is simply exquisite, often exotic, and evocative. And Lesley travels the world, lucky for us!
Tanya at Chica Andaluza – witty, charming, endlessly creative!
Chicago John over at Bartolini Kitchens – delightful, delicious, family stories and recipes to go along!
Greg & Katherine of Rufus’ Food and Spirits Guide – Greg (I’m quite sure) was the very first person outside my own circle to comment on a post I’d written. The team of them are prolific to say the least, and funny! Quick and uncomplicated recipes (for both food and spirits.)
Tinkerbelle, often hilarious, sometimes “shocking” – such fun reading.
Barbara (Smidge) over at Just a Smidgen – the epitome of versatility – cook, writer-poet, cellist, artist, humorist, and she takes some lovely photos. Hers is always a delight to read.
Roger of Camerahols/Food, Photography & France – extraordinary photography, both of food and the French countryside where he and his wife reside. Witty, intelligent writing. A Joy.
Natalie of Cook, Eat, Live Vegetarian – inspired recipes, lovely photography. (Natalie, like Tanya of Chica Andaluza, lives in Spain – considered the new center of the culinary world.) Her recipes are wonderful.
City, Hippy Farmgirl – Fun, witty, clever, food & tales & photos worthy of your time!
In need of no call-outs from me, Brian of The Blue Hour – lovely photography, sometimes hauntingly beautiful, stirs the imagination.
~ ~ ~
I think that concludes the list for the time-being. These are blogs I regularly follow and love. I’m sure my list of recommendations will grow as my horizons daily widen. There are other blogs I follow, some that I am enormously enriched, inspired and sometimes deeply touched by. For the purpose of this particular “assignment” though, I’m recommending blogs that are largely either food- or photography-centric. And one that just makes me laugh. I thank them all for the lovely reads and the many eyefuls of beauty!
Seven random things about me? Seriously?
1. I wanted to be a cowgirl missionary when I was a little girl. (At the time it made sense. Confession though: That was mostly about the horse.)
2. I don’t like wind unless I’m at the beach, and then I adore it.
3. I frequently forget how old I am. (And I don’t consider that an altogether bad thing.)
4. Cooking is like meditation for me. Ditto photography.
5. I love road trips, it hardly matters where. Set me in any new place to explore and I’m endlessly amused and happy.
6. I love comfortable clothes. That does not mean sweat pants!
7. I absolutely adore what I do. I feel so very lucky.
8. (I sometimes break the rules.) I’d love to live with orangutans or gorillas for a year. (I hope my husband would join me.)
Thanks again for nominating cooking-spree, Ronni. What a sweet Christmas gift it was. (There’s another award that I have yet to mention, but that will wait til the first of the year.)